The short stirling was a british heavy bomber used during the second world war it formed the core of the british raf heavy bomber units having been known as the first four engine bomber to serve in the royal air force raf. The short stirling was born from an raf requirement set forth in 1936 calling for a heavy four engined bomber with suitable range and a lethal payload carrying capability by 1938 a half sized prototype was flying with a full size prototype being delivered for testing in 1939. May 18 2019 explore delta mikes board short stirling on pinterest. The stirling was a world war ii heavy bomber design built by short brothers it was the first british design meant to use four engines from the outset an otherwise successful experiment that was hampered by a number of odd design requirements
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like (Personal use)
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join with over 1.000.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What are you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.